
I went thru a short stint of painting cartoons during last winter-session at RISD. My apologies for the bad image, but I was pretty discontent with the work, covered over most of them, and didn't document any except for cruddy cell-phone images here and there.
Nonetheless, the toon depicts my perception of Rhode Islanders (I know...a generalization, but it's a TOON people. C'mon! HA!...).
ME(on the left): (thinking)"Local"
RI CITIZEN (on right): (saying) "Pussy"
In the toon, I'm thinking "local" because of how he's able to brave the cold, or at least what I think is cold, and what he thinks is nothing. He's got his Dunkin'Donuts cup, cigarette, and evidence of a hard life. In addition, he's vulgar, out spoken, and seemingly a bit bitter.
(Click on the photo for a bigger/closer image.)
Gold! Yep, I was called a 'wuss' the other day because I had a beanie on. Prat (by which I mean 'wanker', in case it doesn't translate. Bollocks to him. What does he know? I lived in Iceland for goodness sakes. I KNOW what cold is!
ReplyDeleteI'm confused. So far it hasn't been cold.
ReplyDeleteI lived in Indiana for god's sake. When the inside of your nose freezes and you can hear the ice cracking in there it's cold.
Now remember ya'll, this is coming from a desert rat. Brrrrrrr!
ReplyDelete